Constant Bluescreen/Errors..

Zastrus

Solid State Member
Hey, I have problems..

I just built a new computer from scratch.. it's my first time.

It's an AMD 4200X2 on an Asus M2N-E motherboard, 2GB Kensington RAM, ATI 3D card, Seagate HD,

I seem to be just getting random bluescreens... the first one happened while installing windows, then I was testing my video card and another happened, the dll that screwed up was "atiduag.dll"

I was trying out CS:S, and it closed, and said: "Instruction at "0X2223961d" memory at "0X0d72a1a0" The memory could not be read.

Also, IE and Firefox crash after a few minutes of being open, mainly while clicking a link..

Could it be the memory or the 3D card or something thats screwing up?

Any ideas?

The first error, atiduag.dll, is a driver error, what version of Catalyst are you running?

The second error appears to be a ram error, run Mtest86 to check your ram.

Also, the motherboard didn't come with any little washers to put in between the screws and the motherboard..

Could this be a problem?

Edit: Catalyst Version 06.4

Hmm.. as Mtest86... can that be run from Windows? I tried to run it but it says you need to run it from a diskette.. buuut.. I don't have one.. just a CD/DVD-RW..

Call me a newbie.. but what should I do?

Zastrus said:
Also, the motherboard didn't come with any little washers to put in between the screws and the motherboard..
It depends on your case to be honest, the washers are not really necessary, though risers are, does your case have a flat configuration where you mount the board or are there raised points you have screwed into? If it is flat you need to use risers to negate shorting on the underside of the pcb, if it has raised mounting points and they exceed the earthed area on the m/board mounts then you may need to source washers.

Zastrus said:
Hmm.. as Mtest86... can that be run from Windows? I tried to run it but it says you need to run it from a diskette.. buuut.. I don't have one.. just a CD/DVD-RW..

Call me a newbie.. but what should I do?
There is a memory testing tool available from the Microsoft website that runs within windows, it is called Memory Diagnostic Tool

I don't have washers, but I do have raised points. That should be just fine. The first thing to do is to update your video card drivers. Try the Catalyst 6.3's, they are the most stable ATi drivers.

Back
Top Bottom