Remove startup entries from MSCONFIG

Boy, those are some great responses. I would've never had thought of either of these options. I mean why even try to work through my dilemma, I'll just tell the owner of the box to purchase an upgrade disc cause I'm too lazy to try and tweak his/her machine. I don't need the experience or knowledge.

Yes, Help and Support is about as helpful as geek squad and as supportive as a crutch made of yarn.

Thanks guys for the enlightening insights. Do yourselves a favor and don't reply to my inquiries.
I agree with these sentiments.
Hey buddy watch yourself, you are talking down to senior members of CF, it is not your place.

John123 was giving you good advice, Microsoft no longer supports 98, no more updates. It would be in your/your clients best interest to upgrade.
I don't agree with these sentiments...

as brookfield said above in furture could you try to be a little less aggressive...
it's most likely that John123 didn't know the task could be done and hence said in order to do that you'd have to upgrade,

he's helping to the best of his abilities, (and you didn't know either). Gekk squad we may (or may not) be, but people are trying to hep you with your problems out of goodness of their own hearts... the attitude isn't needed.

(in response to the second quote), no member is worth any more than other members, regardless of the little bit of text under their names. (that [IMHO] includes the ties when it says moderator as well).

Their responses to my dilemma seemed careless. I shall tread more lightly with my words.

grip said:
Their responses to my dilemma seemed careless. I shall tread more lightly with my words.
I hope that you will, this behaviour will not be tolerated on CF, no more please, or you might have the dubious honour of probably being one of our shortest stay members, calm down, relax & enjoy the best computer site, have a look in the gallery, loads of pics, showing member's rigs, some will take your breath away, promise!, why don't you display your's there??

Back
Top Bottom