Rep annoucement #2

David Lindon

Golden Master
My previous annoucement had a flaw so I will introduce a new policy.

There will be a 2 strike system. Anyone who leaves neg rep for no reason will be named and shamed in a stickied thread as a warning. If they do it again, they will be blocked from using the system. (They can still send rep but it will count as 0 and appear as grey having no affect on the overall total.)

Re: Negative reppers named and shamed.

But we still are permitted to leave negative reputation for a valid reason, like for example, pointless posts, double posts, etc. etc. or what? Could you explain this further, David?

There will be a 2 strike system. Anyone who leaves neg rep for no reason will be named and shamed in a stickied thread as a warning. If they do it again, they will be blocked from using the system. (They can still send rep but it will count as 0 and appear as grey having no affect on the overall total.)

as far as I read that you are still perfectly able to leave negative rep with good reason.

Perhaps David should elaborate as to what is good reason...

as I said before I think that if people get good rep when people agree then they should get negative rep when people disagree...

we really do need clarification here!

i'm just glad to see that david has responded to the issue :D good job david. I believe this will help out alot. clearifacation(sp) would be good though, just to keep uprisings down

Yeah David, if u are going to punish us from giving neg rep when there is not a good reason, u need to tell us which reasons are good enough.

And this is the stickied thread where u will put up the names? If so then just edit the 1st post always instead of making a new post everytime a new name is added, makes it look alot cleaner.

mammikoura said:
Yeah David, if u are going to punish us from giving neg rep when there is not a good reason, u need to tell us which reasons are good enough.
Yeah, thats should be in a sticky.

David Lindon said:
Policy:

So no reason is when you don't type in a reason when you give the negative rep? Of course the person getting the rep will say it was for no reason, but the person giving it will always have a reason.

So if I give negative rep because I don't agree with someone's post that is not a good reason?
You need to answer some questions.

And, why is everyone complaining about the negative rep......IT'S PART OF THE SYSTEM.......you take the good with the bad. But I understand the neg reps for no reason.

Jordan Pardy said:
But we still are permitted to leave negative reputation for a valid reason, like for example, pointless posts, double posts, etc. etc. or what? Could you explain this further, David?
Yes, for valid reasons.

Obviously the main one to start on is unsoliceted comments will not be allowed. Thats if the comment has nothing to do with the thread it was left for. For example we have seem offensive comments like 'Get a life noob' etc for no reason.

If you are a well know and respected member of the community you have nothing to worry about. its the people running round with brand new accounts neg repping everyone for a laugh.

I hope it this explains it, everyone has seen the examples of people getting neg rep for no reason. Basically these are the ones we will stop

Back
Top Bottom