My friend gave me his XBOX, but

Well, I'll try to use Toby's way with the samsung, if not, then I could get something else somewhere else. IN the family, we are discoraging ourselves from using Ebay, that's why.

On the other hand, the error at boot went away, I can operate the XBOX, but it would be great with a controller.

The front panel is half broke, meaning the left is there and the right side is absent, leaving the metal part seen.

Another thing is that the 2 first controller ports are missing the plastic from the metal wires. It should work anyways as it is still tighned correctly and the metal strings are in good condition. he also left me the DVD module, but without the remote. Fun stuff...

Anyways, a controller and a Samsung drive and this XBOX is mine.

Washington said:
E-Bay is the best place for replacement DVD Roms. Just try to avoid the Thompson drive as that was the drive that went into the mark 1 X-Box's and had all the dirty disc error messages after a short time. The Samsung is your best bet as that will read most DVD-R's and CD-R's.

The only way to replace it with a normal DVD-Rom drive is to mod the X-Box.

I own a 4-molex Y cable, meaning a splitter. I can plug two things. I seriously would like to try it with my LG.

Back
Top Bottom