help help HELP HELP PLZ!

you know could there not be enough power getting to the board to stay on? but i plugged my power supply in from this computer in to that board and it still had the same problem and i'm running 2 hd and 7800gt on that power supply so it cant be the ps. but i did switch that red button on the back of the power supply and the computer stayed on but nothin came up on the monitor?

This really does sound like the motherboard is shorting out. Perhaps you dropped a screw behind the board? Do not play with the red thing on the back of the power supply, that is for different voltage settings if you live in a different area and you can damage the computer by putting the wrong settings.

Did you put the CPU in the socket correctly? You should line up the gold arrows and insert it without force. Are all the components properly in place on the board, nothing is loose? Make sure all the power supply cables are connected to the motherboard that need to be.

if the MOBO was shorting it would seem to die instantly not in a few seconds...

maybe it's getting a POST error or something, if the screen is comming ^ i don't think it's shorting. check and make sure the heatsink on the processor is mounted correctly so that it's not overheating.

erythnul said:
you know could there not be enough power getting to the board to stay on? but i plugged my power supply in from this computer in to that board and it still had the same problem and i'm running 2 hd and 7800gt on that power supply so it cant be the ps. but i did switch that red button on the back of the power supply and the computer stayed on but nothin came up on the monitor?

After you flipped the switch...did you push the button on the front of the case....that would turn the rest of the stuff on....try that

golf_addict73 said:
After you flipped the switch...did you push the button on the front of the case....that would turn the rest of the stuff on....try that
do u reallythink he hasn't pressed the power button....i think even the stupidest of people know that much

Back
Top Bottom