download problems.....?

coolcomputer89

Baseband Member
Hey i'm new to this site. Nice to meet everyone. I have my very first question right now....whoo hoo.... i guess. Anyways, i have a little download problem. Everytime my downloads start, they start really good, but end up only downloading part of the file. The download completes, but is always corrupted. I just hope it is something that can easily be fixable...lol... (is anything easy to fix anymore?) I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what it might be. At this point i hope it's just something simple as a virus...but i expect the worst. Any help would be gladly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

Well, for starters, are you using dial up or cable...It could be many things such as, spyware, or viruses...Have you ran a scan for any? If thats not it, it could be a problem in the wire, which is bad, because then that means the whole cable underground, or in your house is bad, and need to be re-done...As I recall, someone had this same exact problem, dont think we solved it for them lol..Try calling your isp, and ask them to run like a check on the line..

I have dsl, where i live i cannot get cable. I have ran a virus check, but norton o4 didnt catch anything. Im hoping avg will catch stuff

do you use a download accelarator of some sort, or a download manager?

Hmm... my downloads do that occasionaly, but usually its just a problem with my dialup not keeping a good connection to the ISP... what is your ISP? Are they reliable?

How about loading a flash movie or something on a webpage? Do they ever stop?

Recon-16, you just reminded me of something. If you use "Free Download Manager", which is just a little download manager that can resume and pause files, you could resume the file after it stops... have you ever tried that?

In case you were wondering, here is a link:

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

I know you don't have dialup, but that is what I use when my dialup cuts off.

i'll try that. Im wondering if it's maybe just spyware that norton didnt catch. My isp is direcway. The cables are fine, I can download if i use a program that allows me to download from webpages. I just can't download through the internet

Back
Top Bottom