My friend gave me his XBOX, but

you can buy replacement drives, psu, and etc.....just check out e-bay, my friend just fixed his x-box not that long ago by buying e-bay parts.

That`s the only thing I need...plus a controller and game. He just gave it because he wasn't using it due to the damage. Heck, the front plastic is damaged. It will boot, but then will pop up a 07 which is a DVd problem. He gave it to me to fix it and if I fix, I can keep it...
Toby said:
http://www.xbox-modchips.com/tutorials/samsung3.pdf

Did you read that? Cause' it says that you can use a Samsung SD-616T as a replacement for your xbox DVD drive.
Not from the PC at home. ATM, at the work PC, I am able to view it.

I got given a broken Xbox too.

Its definietly had it, and needs to be thrown really, as it has all sorts of error messages, and even the bootup and the bootup error screen is all mangled and messed up.

It has been thrown about though by a previous owner across a room, so yeah...

I wouldn't turn mine on again anyway. I opened it up, to see if I could find a fault that may be fixable, but couldn't.
Anyhow, I dropped a screw into it, and never found it...

Turning it on would probably short circuit it, haha.

E-Bay is the best place for replacement DVD Roms. Just try to avoid the Thompson drive as that was the drive that went into the mark 1 X-Box's and had all the dirty disc error messages after a short time. The Samsung is your best bet as that will read most DVD-R's and CD-R's.

The only way to replace it with a normal DVD-Rom drive is to mod the X-Box.

Back
Top Bottom