X-fi or Audigy 4?

kocheez75

In Runtime
I am looking for a good car to go with my z-5500's. Its going to be used mainly for music and movies (not so much for games). Im debating between the Audigy 4 and X-fi extreme music. They both have DTS decoding, so I was wondering if there is much of a significant performance difference between the two, since the Audigy for is about $70 and the extreme music is $120. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Get the X-Fi. Audigy 4 Pro is mostly for professionals. Or if you want to save money, buy a nice Audigy 2 ZS. Those are wonderful.

alvino said:
Get the X-Fi. Audigy 4 Pro is mostly for professionals. Or if you want to save money, buy a nice Audigy 2 ZS. Those are wonderful.

Audigy 4 is a wimpy consumer soundcard. Audigy 4 and X-FI were never even creative's high end cards as well.

Go with whatever card sounds better to your ears, I think the Audigy 4's have a better DAC on them :)

I wasn't talking about their high-end cards. He was asking which one was better. So what you said was irrelevent to what he was asking.

The Audigy 4 Pro was never intended for normal consumers. The X-Fi is mainly for gamers, but if you ask me, the Audigy 2 series still performs wondefully. However, if you can find a good deal for a X-Fi, go for it. I got my X-Fi Premium for $80...didn't come with the front panel thing, but it's only $15 from Creative so it's way cheaper than getting a retail X-Fi.

alvino said:
I wasn't talking about their high-end cards. He was asking which one was better. So what you said was irrelevent to what he was asking.

The Audigy 4 Pro was never intended for normal consumers. The X-Fi is mainly for gamers, but if you ask me, the Audigy 2 series still performs wondefully. However, if you can find a good deal for a X-Fi, go for it. I got my X-Fi Premium for $80...didn't come with the front panel thing, but it's only $15 from Creative so it's way cheaper than getting a retail X-Fi.

Isn't the Xtreme music the same thing as the platinum without the front panel? Also, where did you get it at for $80?

On another note, do you think the price difference is worth the X-fi over the Audigy 2 zs. I mean realistically, would anyone be able to notice the difference in music or movies? All of my music is encoded at really high bit rates (256). Right now I have a sound blaster live value (16-bit), and want something thats gonna over DTS and optical support when I get the z-5500's.

Yeah, I'd have to say go with the Audigy 2ZS. You probably wouldn't notice the difference unless you were a true audiophile.

Back
Top Bottom