Advice for building new computer

it will NOT stay put at 316, stupid alvin convinced everybody that resellers will sell then at 316 :mad: I repeat again, you will ONLY get a processer for 316 if and only if you buy directly from intel in quantities of 1000. So no, your best bet will be roughly 350 or something around there. I know www.tankguys.biz and monarch computers have prices around there. Newegg should list the Conroes tomorrow morning.

Do the world a favor and wait until Newegg gets the Core2 Duos in stock, don't even waste your time with Tigerdirect. Processing your order and recieving it take a while and prices aren't so good.

Wait till newegg has them and you won't have to worry about problems with RMAs. Newegg's RMAing is great

AMD RULES

I think I will wait for newegg.com because I have heard so many more good things about them than anyone else, so I trust them the most.

I'm leaving for college in 11 days and have a backup computer to use until I get this one built, so I'm going to wait on the processor and have it ship directly to my dorm to make sure it doesn't get backed up and ship to my house after I leave. (But I needed the surge protector right away so I figured I might as well buy what I'm sure of already.)

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Wow well... looks like they just put up the E6300 and E6400 on newegg... for $390 and $400 respectively. :eek: I hope that doesn't last too long.

Well dunno if that was just a temporary error but the rest of the chips are up and the prices are down... somewhat. I went for the 6400 because the 6600 is sold out and I'm going to attempt to finish building this thing before I leave for college in 9 days.

Still $300 but... I will live with it.

And I will try to remember to post pics to make you guys happy. :cool:

300 is a decent price for the E6400, but tankguys has the for $250 :p But they are on backorder. They should have more in stock.

Back
Top Bottom