What's wrong with DELL?

I've had this abomination of a computer for 5 years now. Dell made some God awful decisions way back in 2001. The incorporated Samsungs PC1066 ram, this ram is actually pretty decent performance wise but its extremely expensive and hard to find. Also the AGP aperature is 4x on mine instead of 8x. And they used the socket 478 mpga back then and now I cant upgrade to anything above a Pentium 4 2.8, not the HT version. Due to Dells stupid decisions way back then, people like me that are stuck with their 2001 8250's are shit out of luck.

My brother got a Dell recently. Luckily he got it second hand pretty cheaply coz when we opened it up it has no graphics card slot at all. Just 32mb integrated video.

What's the point of a 2.8ghz CPU when it's stuck with a 32mb integrated video chip with no way of upgrading. How much does a graphics card slot cost to attach to a motherboard?? On the basis of this I would certainly not buy anything from Dell.

Sorry, but if Dell want to limit their upgrading possibilities then they will also be limiting their customer base.

I don't think you can get a 'graphics card slot' to attach to a motherboard. I think it has to be built in. Are the standard motherboard holes different to the one's on dell's cases?

its mainly the fact that most people on here are quite into there comps... so like me they like to custom build pcs so they have what hard drive, processor ect they want.
with a dell you dont really get much choice.
but say theres anything wrong with dell is a bot over the top, it just depends what you want one for!!! Gaming or writing emails lol

Did you see the LE XPS Renegade 600 they did..it was..

• Pentium 4 Extreme Edition, OC'd to 4.26Ghz!
  • At least 2GB RAM, you could get up to 8GB!
  • Quad SLI, I think it was the 7800/900 GTX series..!
  • Up to 2TB Space, with two raptors installed!
  • Hand-painted case
  • X-fi sound card
  • 128mb Physics card

xps-renegade-600.jpg

I hated my sony vaio, for the shear fact that i could not upgrade the PSU, which made it hard to upgrade my V-Card, becasue my PSU was only 250 watts.

well how much would that cost then...$10,000?!?!?
heres my list of what i think is good and not:
1. gateway
2. sony
3. emachines
4. acer
5. hp
6. compaq
7. dell
8. apple

hmmmm i would agree with that list, especially E-machines!! (*cough*tos**rs*cough) but ive never found anything wrong with acer. so far loll

Washington said:
My brother got a Dell recently. Luckily he got it second hand pretty cheaply coz when we opened it up it has no graphics card slot at all. Just 32mb integrated video.

What's the point of a 2.8ghz CPU when it's stuck with a 32mb integrated video chip with no way of upgrading. How much does a graphics card slot cost to attach to a motherboard?? On the basis of this I would certainly not buy anything from Dell.

Sorry, but if Dell want to limit their upgrading possibilities then they will also be limiting their customer base.

you could get a pci based gfx card every mobo has to have pci slots

Back
Top Bottom