Thinking about getting a laptop (Macbooks??)

RLee1

Beta member
Hi, my name's Ryan and I'm a media arts student at The Art Institute of California - San Francisco. I've taken a little break from school and, recently, have been thinking about getting myself a decent laptop. I'm not in dire need of one, my desktop will be more than good for another few years.

The thing about my major is that about 90% of homework is computer based, so with about 24 hours of homework per week, you get a little sick of sitting in your apartment all day. Not only would I like one to be able to work out of the apartment, but to have all my work with me when I'm bored and visiting home.

(I don't know if that constitutes for a good enough reason to spend $2k-$3k on a laptop) :\

blah blah, anyway, so far the only laptop that has sparked any kind of interest to me is the Macbook Pro. One, because it's a pretty versatile laptop. I walk everywhere and I don't want to lug around eight extra pounds.

Two, because it can run both Windows and Mac OS. Windows I can use for Maya, Mac OS I can use for photoshop.... stuff like that.

I dunno, I guess the physical features of the laptop outweigh the techincal things... for me, at least.

ANYWAY.... I'm in a rut here because I really don't know how good this Laptop is when stacked against others... this is my first time actually looking at them, let alone looking to buy one.

There's that, and all the problems with the Macbooks that I've read about. The overheating, loud noises, backlight problems (some of which are said to have been addressed, but I don't even know THAT for sure).

Bleh..... This is the one thing I really hate about computers.... trying to buy/make one...

Thanks for all the help.

Macbook pro, one word - fantastic! All those problems you have read about, my three friends have never had. Besides, if you did have problems, apple would take care of it..

Thanks a lot.

I've heard some good things about it.

I actually went into CompUSA and asked some questions about laptops, and the guys even told me, "dude.... just get a desktop.."

But then he pointed out if I WAS gonna get a laptop, get the macbook.

Meh macs are cool! :) You could setup the os so that you have dual boot or just intall windows and photoshop that way,

I say go ahead and get a macbook or macbook pro. They're really nice and I've heard nothing but awesome reviews about them. I like the fact that you can run windows and Mac OS on them and they're fast. I haven't heard of any of the issues you mentioned, I've just heard positive things about them. When I go off to college, I want to get a macbook because they're awesome and like I said before, I've heard awesome things about them.

Back
Top Bottom