system32 on startup

hockeyrino

Baseband Member
i couldn't find anything in search and i'm pretty sure it's an easy fix. When i restart or turn on my computer and log on, a window named system32 pops up and i have to close it out. here's my question, is there way to stop it from popping up at log on.
Thanks,
hockeyrino

What does the window say? Error messages?

Like the firewall problem you posted, this is probably a problem with your registry again. Take more care of your registry and do frequent virus scans and backups.

There may be something dodgy in your startup items, go to Start>Run>msconfig>startup tab and look to see if there is anything you dont reconise in there.

it's not exactly an error message. It is more like a window such as my documents, but it is called system32 and is part of the windows folder in the hard drive.

Edit: in the startup tab there was some programs running from this folder but not the folder itself. so it didn't work.?.?.? any other suggestions.

Is this folder in the Startup folder in Start > All Programs? If so, just delete the thing.

Have you done a nice virus scan lately?

yes i have done a virus scan, and nothing came up...i don't think i want to delete the folder because it is part of >the windows file. For example: this is how i get there (please let me know if you have it there, so i don't delete something i need)

My Computer>Local Disk>WINDOWS>system32

please tell me if you do have it, i would assume everyone that runs XP would have it, but what do i know.
Thanks again.
hockeyrino

Yea, don't delete that folder in Windows > System.
I was saying if it appears in the startup folder in your programs menu (click start button > All Programs), delete the "shortcut" in that folder.

Back
Top Bottom