Building a Gaming Rig.

MeRSpecial

Solid State Member
I just started getting interested in computers, I've mainly been a console gamer, but now wish to move on since consoles tend to just suck (High prices, not so great games, Xbox 360 is faulty as hell, crap versatility.) So, long story short, I wanna build a gaming rig. I want cheap, but I want it to be decent, I want it to be able to play atleast all games out on the market now with out a hitch. So please guys, I'd like some info on good and cheap CPUs and motherboards, graphics cards, the works. (Also, I'd like it to be able to play NWN II, so keep that in mind.) Thank you for your time.

Cheap? And ment specifically for gaming? Hmm...there might be something close to that. If you need gaming and mostly gaming, get an Athlon 64 3500+ or 3800+. Get 2 GB of ram, atleast a geforce 7600, 250 GB hardrive to keep all the games and w/e else you may need.

I dono where you live, but a build like that where I live (I live in Calgary, its a small city in Canada) would cost you around $1000 CAD. I included a nice case, nice powersupply, geforce 7600, athlon 64 3800+, 2GB ram, and a pretty cheap mobo.
This could run all the games on the market right now. Could probably even run FEAR on graphics higher than medium. Will be able to run NWN2 no problem.

AMD X2 3800+ Socket 939
Asus A8N-SLI SE
2GB DDR Value RAM
GeForce 7600GT
Samsung SpinPoint 250GB
Case of your choice
400-500W PSU
Pioneer DVR-111DBK

Your looking at about £550.

Or you could build Core 2 Duo, which would be a better option.

Just keep in mind that you don't always need the best parts to play well. If your ready, overclocking actually is pretty simple for your video card and CPU. I have an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ at 1.8GHz and its overclocked to 2.4GHz with an idle temp of 25 degrees C and barely moves under load for some reason. :)

if your getting an X2 get a 4400+ rather than a 4200+ the L2 cache is doubled... also you better buy that quick cuz i believe they will be cutting the L1 cache in Half once they run out of the older ones... and it will still be the same price (Thank Intel for that)

trance-n-e said:
Cheap? And ment specifically for gaming? Hmm...there might be something close to that. If you need gaming and mostly gaming, get an Athlon 64 3500+ or 3800+. Get 2 GB of ram, atleast a geforce 7600, 250 GB hardrive to keep all the games and w/e else you may need.

I dono where you live, but a build like that where I live (I live in Calgary, its a small city in Canada) would cost you around $1000 CAD. I included a nice case, nice powersupply, geforce 7600, athlon 64 3800+, 2GB ram, and a pretty cheap mobo.
This could run all the games on the market right now. Could probably even run FEAR on graphics higher than medium. Will be able to run NWN2 no problem.

I dont think that he needs to get 2 gigs of ram...i bet noone here went of there one gig...its not nesscerssary..but that is just my opnion..

CompMan said:
I dont think that he needs to get 2 gigs of ram...i bet noone here went of there one gig...its not nesscerssary..but that is just my opnion..
when I play BF2, I use 1.55GB

Back
Top Bottom