Formatting Windows HDD

Mikey1

In Runtime
IF i formatt my Hard Drive that has windows on it can i reinstall windows with the Cd Key that i have for it?

Also do i have to reinstall my mobo and Graphic cards if i formatt my hard drive

If it's the same cd key that was used the first time it was installed I can't see why it wouldn't work now. What version of Windows are you trying to reinstall?

If you format your hard drive then yes you will have to reinstall the drivers for the graphics card, mobo, soundcard etc so make sure you have the drivers handy before you do any formatting.

I guess another question would be why do you want to format in the first place???

Its is Windows XP HOme

and i cant play any interent games anymore because i think that i changed so like firewall thing with my wireless connection and i have no god D*** idea on how to fix it so might as well start over

XP Home should be easy to reinstall. Just pop in the cd and restart the pc. When it says 'press any key to boot from cd' press any key and it walks you through the rest.

You could just post the firewall/wireless connection issue first and see if anybody here has an answer for you. I don't have wireless so I'm no help there sorry.

Just please make sure you have your drivers for all your peripherals before you format. Can save a lot of headaches!

Back
Top Bottom