Custom Titles

Brookfield said:
Yes, it's amazing, isn't it?, over 2 weeks & 119 posts, but you know what it's like when it's suggested that it ought to be closed!

Hmm...so if every suggestion ought to be closed, then why don't we rename this WHOLE section and just call it, "CF: Suggestions that get closed, Comments that get shot down and Feedback that gets mocked by the staff." That would be true to what is happening.

It's a suggestion...people suggest things here in hopes of making the forum a better place. They don't suggest it so they can destroy the forum. :rolleyes:

alvino said:
Hmm...so if every suggestion ought to be closed, then why don't we rename this WHOLE section and just call it, "CF: Suggestions that get closed, Comments that get shot down and Feedback that gets mocked by the staff." That would be true to what is happening.

It's a suggestion...people suggest things here in hopes of making the forum a better place. They don't suggest it so they can destroy the forum. :rolleyes:
I was just saying that most times when a mod says he's thinking of closing, there's an uproar from some, in spite of some member's opinions that I'm "close the forum" happy, I only suggest it if it looks as though a flame war is about to break out, this ones OK :)

I don't think it should be closed, at least not while people still have stuff to say on the matter...

if people were flaming then that's a different story.

Alvino I don't think that what you said is exactly fair, nobody is critisising or mocking all the suggetions.

this suggestion (I happened to think) was not workable in the way that it was presented. for many reasons outlined in the thread,
a lot of other mods happened to agree...

there were many suggestions of alternative ways it could be implemented but none of these were adopted as examples of how it could be done sucessfully.

not all suggestions are shot down, only the bad ones!
but you have to realise that when you make a suggestion it has to be dooable. there are a lot of suggestions flying around that are just not possible, either to do, or not possible to moderate effectivly. it's not that the members arn't trusted, it's just that there are people out there who consistently come here to cause trouble, and those are the people who would ruin something like this for everyone, (they are the same people trying to ruin the reputation system as well!).

It's a suggestion...people suggest things here in hopes of making the forum a better place. They don't suggest it so they can destroy the forum.
I realise that nobody is posting in this section with the intent of making this place any worse. but not all the ideas about how to make the place better are practical, workable or even good ideas!

root said:
I don't think it should be closed, at least not while people still have stuff to say on the matter...

Alvino I don't think that what you said is exactly fair, nobody is critisising or mocking all the suggetions.

this suggestion (I happened to think) was not workable in the way that it was presented. for many reasons outlined in the thread,

there were many suggestions of alternative ways it could be implemented but none of these were adopted as examples of how it could be done sucessfully.

but you have to realise that when you make a suggestion it has to be dooable. there are a lot of suggestions flying around that are just not possible, either to do, or not possible to moderate effectivly. it's not that the members arn't trusted, it's just that there are people out there who consistently come here to cause trouble, and those are the people who would ruin something like this for everyone, (they are the same people trying to ruin the reputation system as well!).

I realise that nobody is posting in this section with the intent of making this place any worse. but not all the ideas about how to make the place better are practical, workable or even good ideas!
Yeah, putting back the reputation system in order was a great thing, but now it is getting abused, and there's more people going around and leaving negative reps for other people, sometimes for no reason at all... another thing with that would be about the new members, for example, with one post that you help, leaves reputation, and you get grey.

But anyway, back on topic here: I think this suggestion is "do-able" but, as all of the others, it could cause problems, and abuse... but since I'm more-less on both sides, I'm going to stay neutral on this one...

root said:

You do have a point. Maybe my comment was a bit rash...

natej315 said:
Sorry but I agree with Alvino
Nate, I'm sorry too because I can only reiterate the comments in my last post, I'm not getting at you, they are just my views, OK?

Brookfield said:
I was just saying that most times when a mod says he's thinking of closing, there's an uproar from some, in spite of some member's opinions that I'm "close the forum" happy, I only suggest it if it looks as though a flame war is about to break out, this ones OK :)

The only reason people have an up roar, is because you hint closing it...Then they think they have to prove their point before it gets closed, so you're better off not saying a word, untill your actually going to close it..Saying you're thinking about it, will just cause more trouble.

Dev0115 said:
The only reason people have an up roar, is because you hint closing it...Then they think they have to prove their point before it gets closed, so your better off not saying a word, untill your actually going to close it..Saying you're thinking about it, will just cause more trouble.

totally agree ;)

Back
Top Bottom