RIAA Sues Another Grandma

David Lindon said:
Well she shouldn't really be using it anyway. Thats quite cheecky by letting her 'get away with it' for a year so she carrys on doing it and accumulating a tab!
How much are they sueing her for? The cost of the albums that she downloaded?
me said:
"Her case ended up as a default judgment because she did not respond to the lawsuit. So Scruse, who also is racking up medical bills for dialysis, must pay $6,000 for the 872 songs her grandchildren downloaded, in addition to court fees.
$6000 + court fees...

I don't consider it stealing. People who download music are people who aren't willing to buy it. Therefore, the companies aren't losing anything.

Lac3y said:
I don't consider it stealing. People who download music are people who aren't willing to buy it. Therefore, the companies aren't losing anything.

i agree in some respects with you... i don't really feel that you can steal something that you can't hold in your hand, music specifically

anyways.. if it wasnt for the internet being what it is, i wouldnt know or listen to like 95% of the music that i do today... and i do quite often buy cd's of bands that i really like... i just cant justify spending all the money for 3 cents of plastic, and a colored book when i only like 1 or 2 of the songs... even a dollar a song is kind of a rip... if the band or artist was good enough then people will buy the cd and merch and go to the concert to support them (even though they barely get any of the cd sales money, a few dollars per cd)

Back
Top Bottom