umd videos

I told you...Blu-Ray needs expensive hardware to run it. Thank god Ricoh is coming out with a dual-format PC drive. :D It has a special laser that they patented and it can play both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD. Personally, I like both as they have their own advantages.

Alvino said:
Blu-Ray needs expensive hardware to run it.
You got that right.
Alvino #2 said:
Ahh, but you see...90% of consumers aren't rich people who can afford cutting-edge technology. Most of us want to have something new but for an affordable price. That's where HD-DVD comes in. I like how you think, but most people don't think that way. If they can buy next-gen technology, they want something that THEY can afford, not something that is superior on paper and supported by rich people
Yeah... i'd say more than 90% lol.

Alvino #3 said:
Heh, Blu-Ray...

I sure hope Sony knows what they're doing, considering their track record with new formats.

BetaMax? MiniDisc? UMD?

All those have one thing in common: they're from Sony and they failed
Heh, its not the first Sony thing that has failed...

Whoever posted this said:
dont know if its been anounced yet but sony wont be making psp videos on umd anymore
Do you have a source link?

its unlikely that ill buy another umd if there in the shops or not. memory sticks all the way :D

You never know, it might fail as well. MemorySticks are expensive, and what Sony is doing is that each MemoryStick comes with this small program and you can choose ONE movie out of four or five and you get that movie.

It's just a waste of money as I see it. Spend your money on dvds! Lol, more people will probably find ways around this.

DVD's won't die for a long while. It's still a capable, inexpensive and well performing format. Look at HD-DVD and Blu-Ray. The first Toshiba HD-DVD player costs $500! Pioneer's PC Blu-Ray optical drive costs $1,000! Yes, that isn't a typo. It costs $1,000 for a 5.25" PC optical drive. The next-generation formats are just too expensive and they still have too many glitches and bugs to surpass.

Back
Top Bottom