Problems with XP... again... :(

XEN

In Runtime
So, I just moved my pc into its new case (a thermaltake soprano BTW). I had a few problems, but I overcame those and I finally booted up the PC. It went through he system checks fine, so I selected XP from the multiboot dialog. Next, the XP loading thing comes up and what seems like 10 minutes later I finally hear the startup sound and the desktop loads. After that, about 5 'New Hardware Detected' boxes come up. After those are canceled XP runs at normal speed and with everything else as normal. I tried to system restore to before the case switch, but that didn't help...

So now I dunno what to do. I had some problems with my the IDE devices, setting the priorities (master and slave thing) and somehow I managed to bend 2 pins on my hard drive connection :p. But, I fixed these and I can't think either could have done any damaged, If I've booted XP from the drive.

Any help would be great, cheers. :D

Yeah, I guess. I was hopin not to but that might be the only option I suppose. Think a repair would be any good?

I suppose you can try repairing. I would just fresh install. I hope you backed up lol. Good luck mate.

Id personally do a fresh install. Gets rid of everything. Just do a backup if you dont wana spend the whole day installing all ur software.

Back
Top Bottom