Oced my 4200+ X2

Alienownage

In Runtime
I oced it a tiny bit... too the FSB up to 206... its now a 2.27 ghz! from like 2.21...could someone give me tips to increase it more... im on STOCK COOLING what would be a stable speed to go at...im running the K9N Neo F mobo..even though it was a tiny oc... i see that stuff is less lagy when i log on to xp.. i only have 1 gig of ram... but idk... please input!

I think it would be safe to turn your FSB up to at least 215. In case your mobo doesn't boot, make sure you know how to reset the BIOS. I believe there's a reset button on the mobo for MSI motherboards; at least on mine there were.

If you want to turn up the FSB higher than 220 or so, I would recommended reducing thet HTT multiplier to 4x from the default 5x.

Put up the FSB in small chunks of say 5mhz, when it gets unstable add the smallest amount of voltage possible and carry on. Don't go more than 5% over stock voltage with stock cooling, and watch temps.

If it's unstable and raising the voltage by quite a bit doesn't do anything, stick more through your RAM.

Back
Top Bottom