Core 2 Duo VS. AMD? Really?

you will be spending a lot more money. I would rather get a Pressler or Smithfield with a Conroe compatable board, then whatever else you want. Cuz then after, you could just changet out the processor and thats all you have to change.

Yeah but ive already got the 3500+ with mobo, had it for about 6 months now, i mean if i get top parts for the rest, when it's time to get a conroe, all i have to do is change mobo and processor.

ownage said:
$316 is NOT MSRP, $316 would be the price per processor bought directy from Intel in quantities of 1000. A price of roughly 340 should be correct. And yes, it beats the FX-62 in all tests. The least it does it tie it.

Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price is what Intel suggests as the retail price. Not what the reseller prices it at. :rolleyes:

No idea, Intel never officially announced. If they did, everybody would want to buy at MSRP, or wait until prices drop near MSRP. Look at the 805 for instance, the price per 1000 is 93, newegg has it for 97.

damnit the longer I wait the more I'd go with intel, yet I'm an AMD fanboy.
My dreams of getting a major upgrade keep getting pushed back, all this stuff to do during the summer busts the wallet and I just got an 118$ speeding ticket
I'm never gonna get my new computer :( but at least I'll have plenty of time to decide.

Back
Top Bottom