having problems with my computer

snow...

Solid State Member
Hay wuts up yall. This is my first post, an I'm new an everything. But ontopic= Theres a problem with my new an faster computer. About a week ago I was on the internet, an all of a sudden my computer froze. So I turned it off an thenI turned it back on. The computer was working but the moniter just stayed blank. Then I tryed it again, an it did the samething. So I just turned it off an left it for a while. Then about 2 hours later I tried it again. It was botting up when this message came up, it said" WARNING!! Your CPU has been changed." An it said something else under it about that warning but before I could read it, the moniter just went blank again. No I did'nt have any virus's I already scanned it before it did that. Can anyone tell me whats going on? Or give me any tips to try to fix it? I'm using my other computer right now {which is alot slower :mad: }

See I'm a N00b to computers, I've only been working with'em for about 8 months. So I dont know alot about that.

to get into bios, you normally press del key LOADSANDLOADSANDLOADS at startup. .

snow... said:
Hay wuts up yall. This is my first post, an I'm new an everything. But ontopic= Theres a problem with my new an faster computer. About a week ago I was on the internet, an all of a sudden my computer froze. So I turned it off an thenI turned it back on. The computer was working but the moniter just stayed blank. Then I tryed it again, an it did the samething. So I just turned it off an left it for a while. Then about 2 hours later I tried it again. It was botting up when this message came up, it said" WARNING!! Your CPU has been changed." An it said something else under it about that warning but before I could read it, the moniter just went blank again. No I did'nt have any virus's I already scanned it before it did that. Can anyone tell me whats going on? Or give me any tips to try to fix it? I'm using my other computer right now {which is alot slower :mad: }
Welcome to ComputerForums Man ;)
Is this a brand name computer or a custom built computer? To me sounds like a store bought computer since you said you are a noob, not that it's a bad thing :D Well as another member said, if you can access your BIOS, usually accessable when your computer first powers on and you will see some things either in the top or bottom corners says like press F12 to enter setup or press F1 to enter boot config. It doesn't have to say or be those exact buttons, but most likely this can be fixed via the BIOS. Sounds like you may need a Bios update, this will just help the bios recognize everything better and hopefully clear up the problems. First we need to know what brand of computer it is or if you built this computer youself and perferably the model and make of your motherboard. After you find that out and you let us know about this, we will further be able to help you resolve your problem.

Hope we can help you fix this problem and be up and posting here again alot ;) :D

AMD RULES

Yea, I'm fixing to go see what kind of computer it is. I got 2 computers, the one I'm using is just slower, also I have some very important files stored on the other computer.

EDIT~ Yea I just found out it is home build.

well I do like AMD better than Intel, but I kinda like the Intel Core2 Duo. If I had some extra cash, I would certainly build a new rig with it.
I just knew someone was gonna say something about that :D
NP tho, Its ok man ;) :)

MY COMPUTER IS FIXED!!!!! THnkas for everypne who helped.All it had was a burned wire. I dont know how that happened though.

Back
Top Bottom