installing fan

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
i don't know if i installed my fan right. theres a spot in the back of the case where a fan goes, so ya. but the fan has a 4-pin power 'dongle' i believe its called as seen here:
volcano_9_4pin_power_connector.jpg

that i connected to my cd/dvd drive, then connected the regular power to the other end. the fan also has a little 3-pin thing as seen here:
3pinfansensor.jpg

that i'm not sure i connected to the right spot. theres about 3 or 4 of thing that looks like where i connect it to on the motherboard, but i don't know which one...

you dont really need it, mine is disconnected, it will just constantly run instead of the mobo controlling when it turns on and off

and there are several fan controller plug thingies so they all might be, i have like 3 on my mobo
MK8T890_L.jpg

Be careful. You could expose your mobo and other sensitive materials to static electricity.

I'd recommend it. Plus, there are some really cool looking cases out there if you don't like your current one.

help me please! i tried a few weeks ago and plugged it into a different one but i turned my computer on but nothing happened! nothing on the screen or anything...i'll try and get a pic.
heres the pic. the red is where its plugged in and the blue is where i think they are from the picture.

Back
Top Bottom