Processor 129C!

hascet

Fully Optimized
PCAlert says that my processor is running at 129 degrees celcius, but I haven't gotten any messages from the system and my system hasn't shut off due to overheating, I'm fairly certain that its just a problem with PCAlert and my system, but maybe its not so anyone know why it could be doing this?

Pyromaniac said:
Well if it was 130C. You wouldnt have a Pc anymore.
lol he didnt say what type of cpu.. Rember P1 with MMX, well this old computer that my nana had with that cpu with just a small heatsink was runing 112c in the BIOS. I put some water on the heatsink when I tuned it off and it just sizzled :D Those P1's are hardcore to heat

EDIT: read hes specs, and its a P4. They can go as high as like 70c to 80c before any damage to the core, so I think your cpu BIOS is wrong

EDIT: read hes specs, and its a P4. They can go as high as like 70c to 80c before any damage to the core, so I think your cpu BIOS is wrong

Right my specs are in my sig

EDIT: also, i just checked my bios and no where in there is a place where I can see the temps of my pc...so i'm going to try googling up another program that displays pc temps, and see what it says. I downloaded Speed Fan, it can't read my CPU or system temps but it can get my HDD temp, and it is 38 degrees C...so I'm thinking its just a problem with that program and reading my hardware

PCAlert is just like your PC doctor that can detect the following PC hardware status during real time operation:
· monitor CPU & system temperatures
· monitor fan speed(s)
· monitor system voltage
· monitor chassis intrusion

Editors Note:
We have reports that this product will not work in OEM versions of MSI Motherboards (IE Emachines, Dell...).

^Could be your problem.

Also. try speedfan
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download337.html

But yeah as 1337 said. p4's can run quite hot. I have a prescott w/ Ht at 3.0, Idles at about 60, 70-73 on load. So don't stress if it read's all that high.

kchi55 said:
i use pc wizard 2006, i like it.

Ya I downloaded pc wizard 06 its awesome it recognized everything, I think i'll us ethat from now on and it says my hdd is 36 degrees C, so I should be safe temperature wise...

Some software incorrectly identifies the Winbond chip and gives bogus readouts. Also the sensor types on the board may be incorrectly identified. But there is some software that takes a look at what's what in your system first and sets itself up. Those give more accurate readings.

Back
Top Bottom