Core 2 Duo VS. AMD? Really?

And arent the sockets still the same, like LGA775 or something? I've got a prescott and it goes in that socket but i dont think my mobo can take ddr2? :s

well core2 duo is compatible with ddr as well. yes the core2 duo is LGA775, but i would upgrade 2 a new motherboard anyways just 2 be sure you have ddr2 and compatibility with core 2 duo.

i am sure AMD is working on something, but intel is also already working on their sucessor to core 2 duo to keep the new technology going, i would go with core 2 duo personally, and i am going 2 after vista comes out :D

ive always had AMD apart from my old 486 sx 25 yearrrs ago, and i recently bought an AMD x2 4200+ im really happy with it, but THEN i also heard about the conroe lol would you guys say that my cpu is good for games? its oced to 2.45. or would i have been better with an intel (cant believe im sayin this ive always hated intels)

well if you want the best performance possible today intel is the way 2 go. not just because i like intel or anything, it's just the facts. the conroe is the king of processors.

MooseMan said:
well if you want the best performance possible today intel is the way 2 go. not just because i like intel or anything, it's just the facts. the conroe is the king of processors.
but With a hefty price :p

Yeah, Conroe owns all. Also, they overclock extremely well, so you can get the entry-level Conroe and probably beat almost anything from AMD.

I used to promote AMD, but, well, Intel simply blew away the competition.

Pyromaniac said:
but With a hefty price :p

well the e6600 is probably about $300 and I've heard that the performance is about the same as the Amd FX-62. (not sure, just something I've heard)

amanat69 said:
But they dont even seem that expensive? Well for a mid ranged one at least. I'm so confused, I thought Intel were people who ripped you off. So if I was to buy a processor tomorrow, it wouldn't be AM2, it would be core 2 duo? Can that use DDR2 ram, is it 64 bit so ready for vista and all?

No offense, but it seems you've been brainwashed with something called the "AMD Fanboy Syndrome."

mammikoura said:
well the e6600 is probably about $300 and I've heard that the performance is about the same as the Amd FX-62. (not sure, just something I've heard)

Yes, that is true. The Core 2 Duo E6600 costs $316 MSRP and it performs just as well, if not better than the Athlon 64 FX-62.

Back
Top Bottom