My PC keeps shutting off suddenly...Why?

Can u explain about clocking and how it works..?
I will try to underclock the laptop if I knew how to go about it and what settings I should set up.

From SpeedFan...there is the setting for clocking.. After this its all confusing for me..

It seems that is is set to automatic clocking. Can anyone suggest how I should go about underclocking my computer..

You'd have to go into BIOS, assuming the BIOS isn't locked...

1. Turn on computer by Holding down power button while pressing the ESC key.
The machine will beep, then display:
Check System, then press [F1] key.
2. Release ESC key
3. Press F1 key

from http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

Then you could report back with the different options that you see, cause each BIOS has different settings in different locations.

If you have had this notebook for 10 months, and it has started shutting down at random, it should be a warranty issue. You do not want ot overlcock/underclock anything. You want to contact the manufacture and get it fixed/replaced. This only applies if you bought this notebook new. If you bought it used, then try some of the suggestions presented here.

It sounds like a fan has went out in the notebook. Replacing it could be simple, or it could turn out to be a complete breakdown. If you're noticing heat on your keypad, it's probably the fan just below the keyboard that has went bad, or has somehow become disconnected. Again- don't do anything other than calling the manufacture if it's possibly under warranty!

Well Thanks all for the info..

My laptop hasn't shut down now for a couple of days and the temperatures have gone down a lot..

I actually didnt do anything except download Speed Fan. Also I clicked on the Automatic Fan Speed fucntion there. Maybe that helped. The two temeperatures right now are in their forties..so thats great.

Hope this all keeps up....

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom