~$1200 Conroe comp, look good?

For the burner...try to get it black. Otherwise, it's good.

Yeah, after I posted it, I wondered if I could even put a graphics card in it.

lhuser- why black? Some of the reviews said it matches the Antec P160 case.

(is that how you do the quotes?)

About the Abit AB9-Pro:

According to http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=2799&p=1:

"The new ICH8/R chipsets offer ten USB 2.0 ports, up to six 3GB/s SATA ports, Intel's new Quiet System Technology, and the removal of Parallel ATA support."

Does that mean no optical drive even tho newegg specs say:

"PATA 1 x ATA100 up to 2 Devices"

What about a floppy, will I be able to have one?

There is also a ICH8 Abit AB9: Here

I think the ASUS would be better IMO, since its a ICH8, and I don't need 9 hard drives.

The graphics card is for sure going to be: This one

I figure one card is good enough for me.

I would go with the P5B, ABIT is kind of slow on the new BIOS right now. The P5B is a good board though. If you ahve the money get the DLX version.

If I am going to spend $250 on a motherboard, why not get the Asus P5W DH Deluxe, since it is the "best" according to anandtech. Its only $20 more than the abit deluxe and it is a 975X- that will mean less problems with BIOS etc. and crossfire support, right? If I do go crossfire, will my powersupply work?

Im getting the P5W DH... the only problem with the MoBo is the BIOS because sometimes they send you the wrong version, and you have to either flash the BIOS or call Asus and have them send you a new BIOS chip. Aside from that, Ive only read good things about the MoBo.

They send you a chip? Hmmm... maybe I should just get the $170 board and only get a 7600gt or the ati card I mentioned. None of the current video cards now will be able to have DirectX 10 and windows XP won't support it? I think DirectX 9 should be good for my two years left of high school. Is crossfire worth the extra $100 mobo, and $250 card? Will a single $200 7600Gt/single X1900gt play battlefield 2 without a prob and no lag?

Back
Top Bottom