The loose cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
MikeReiner said:
That is a good question there. I also share the opinion that he doesn't do much justice for the position 'Moderator'.

Although to be fair, you don't really need much knowledge regarding comptuers in order to moderate a forum like this one, although that would mean you have no purpose here other than to moderate and maybe talk a bit in the social lounge..
Correct, when I joined I did so to get help with problems, in that direction, nothings changed, I still need help, as I didn't grow up with computers, I was in my sixties before I got my first one, it's got nothing to do with being a mod, as you say, you don't have to have much knowledge to moderate forums, but that doesn't make me thick, my intelligence hasn't diminished with age, so why shouldn't I "just moderate, & talk a bit on forums", it's not against the rules.

If it can't be settled in PM take it to AIM, don't make a thread where everybody can start slandering everybody else. It's just turning everbody against each other. This is supposed to be about the computers not this senseless bickering.

ArrizX said:
If you are banned for this, stating your opinion, ill walk out and wont look back. I know ive said it before, and it didnt happen, but for this, and you being such a good friend, its like "oh hell nah" if you get banned. (BTW I do mean perm) If its like a day thats not a big deal. :p

Anyways, I agree 100%. He means well, but hes 74, I mean seriously, his teen years were way different then ours, he just doesnt understand about us. Thats where the problem is, because he doesnt understand, he takes it all, and thinks its bad, so thus lock or ban.

Im sick of it myself, and there is nothing he can do to me. He even threatens to ban me; no possible. And when someone makes a point to him, he comes back with a commment like "Oh ive heard that before" or "Oh okay :)" Or one of those overlyused gay smilies.

He cant handle the truth, and he cant be the overly powerfull admin like he wishes.

I agree. Brookfield is a good moderator at times, but with all due respect, he's complete different generation. Sometimes I do think he's a bit cautious and acts rashly before others can even explain, but this doesn't belong in the Social Lounge. If you have a problem with ANY of the moderators, the first person you should contact is David.

Here we go:

Basically, Brookfield's developed this Voodoo Power simply because David elevated his privileges before he went away on holiday. The privileges were never revoked, Brookfield can perform mod tasks I can't.

So there you have it.

UK31337 said:
Here we go:

Basically, Brookfield's developed this Voodoo Power simply because David elevated his privileges before he went away on holiday. The privileges were never revoked, Brookfield can perform mod tasks I can't.

So there you have it.
Like your Postman Pat! [thought I'd lighten this gloomy thread]

Sort of.

Guys, there's no need for a mod to know computers. There's mod with experience and security mod...the one who keeps the peace. You don't need to know PCs to actually be a mod.

Nope just be a level heading individual that can think for himself is the biggest part of being a mod. I am a mod on Joxley's site and i'm by no means a computer expert. I know a bit but not as much as 3/4 of this forum.

I think the comment alvino made about the generation gaps has some truth. Younger mods may be more in touch and let more things fly but I think maurice is a good mod who I trust.

I'm going to close this thread for the time being because I am working it out with the people involved via pm and don't want any more negative threads floating around. If you are concerned about the matter, contact me via pm so we can help resolve it.

alvino said:
Who or what is Postman Pat? Some British thing? :confused:
You don't know?!?!

279x253_programs_postmanpat.jpg

postmanpat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom