CLosed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know either...

I'm not sure how everyone else feels about this, (in terms of moderators/admin)...

but.

would it be fine to re-open the thread if the title were changed to.

"Conspiricy theories regarding 9/11 (don't post if you are offended)."

I think that's fair warning, both about the subject and the common sense that should be employed in such a thread.

I don't think that just because a few (minority) have a problem with a threads content that it should be locked, I thikn that there should be something happened in that thread to make it worth of being locked.

that said, these 9/11 consipricy theories are pretty much flame bait, we all know it. so I'm sitting on the fence a little. I support being able to talk about whatever you like. but I also support the fact that a moderator can will and should close a post that will only generate arguments.

I'm assuming this is about the 9/11 Conspiracy thread that Nik just recently made. It was a good move by Brookfield. I know Nik likes to make all those threads about controversial topics, but bringing up such tragedy and horror will do nothing but create pain on these forums, especially for those who actually suffered losses on that day. :(

i agree with nik that there was nothing wrong with that thread.. ive reopened it, when there is a forum rule broken, the thread can be closed. till then, its staying open.

but i am locking this thread ;) as its pointless now ive reopened the other thread...

root said:
I don't know either...

I'm not sure how everyone else feels about this, (in terms of moderators/admin)...

but.

would it be fine to re-open the thread if the title were changed to.

"Conspiricy theories regarding 9/11 (don't post if you are offended)."

I think that's fair warning, both about the subject and the common sense that should be employed in such a thread.

I don't think that just because a few (minority) have a problem with a threads content that it should be locked, I thikn that there should be something happened in that thread to make it worth of being locked.

that said, these 9/11 consipricy theories are pretty much flame bait, we all know it. so I'm sitting on the fence a little. I support being able to talk about whatever you like. but I also support the fact that a moderator can will and should close a post that will only generate arguments.
David told me that he is keeping an eye on that forum, & if there is major flaming he'll close it himself, I believe he has already closed one other, "The Loose Cannon", it was, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom