The loose cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish no ill to the forum in general, it is up to David who he chooses to have Moderate it, and on the whole the forum is a good place, unfortunately there always seems to be one bad apple in the barrel.

Lac3y said:
Deathstar, I agree with you fully on everything you said. I will back you 100% on this one.

I'd also backup deathstar. Brookefield is not a bad person, however I don't think he is the best candidate for moderating a forum.

Cheers Chris, I appreciate the support, but please be aware that I may be banned for this, and I do not wish the same to happen to you. :)

Deathstar said:
Cheers Chris, I appreciate the support, but please be aware that I may be banned for this, and I do not wish the same to happen to you. :)

You do know that I will always state my opinion and stick up for myself and other people, regardless of the consequences :)

Lac3y said:
...... However, rather strangely, the thread was deleted.........
Funny you mention that, I've had the same happen to me, fortunately the Mod involved had enough moral fibre to explain and discuss the reasons for the action. I was extremely impressed with the ensuing discussion and have the utmost respect for said Mod.

Deathstar said:
A pm I recieved

Another slip up on your part, do you make a habit of reading other peoples pm's??? I have only used that reference in one pm on this forum and it wasn't to you.

You have dropped even lower in my estimation than the depths to which you have sunk, reading other peoples pm's is a breach of trust, you sir have no morals at all and are dispicable in your voyeuristic habits.
Mods can't read other peoples Private Messages. only david has that option if he needs to use it.

perhaps if you said that to someone then it was forwarded to a moderator so that they (us) could keep an eye on you?

against my better judgement I'm leaving this thread open so that everyone can have their rant and get it out of their system.

but...
if the thread does suddenly disappear don't be too surprised,

Me neither.

Maurice had the right to close it. These threads frequently goes out of hands. Maurice wouldn't want another thing like this. It also brings bad memory back. So, in his favour and to some others, he closed it, in order to prevent all this.

root said:
Mods can't read other peoples Private Messages. only david has that option if he needs to use it..
Well that might explain a few things regarding this forum then, including Brookfields longevity despite blatant ineptitude, because I have only ever used that turn of phrase once on this forum, in a pm to boot, I have never ever said anything similar in a public thread, and the pm was not to Brookfield, if Brookfield has enough knowledge to state what he did, then I'll leave it to the populous to form their own opinions as to where he gained his insight.I can guarantee the recipient of the pm did not forward it to anyone btw

It's OK by me if you want to close this thread, I have vented, pmed Brookfield and David as well as all the mods I could find, making my thoughts clear on Brookfields "style" or lack thereof with regard to moderating a forum, funnily enough it seems I'm not a lone cry in the darkness either and as half the members are still asleep at this time, one wonders what a poll on the subject would reveal.

Feel free to close it if you desire. I would prefer closure to deletion for reference sake but this thread has been copy/pasted to several forums so I don't think it will matter if you delete it from the server, it will live on.

Apologies to you root, we had a couple of good discussions and I respect your "straight up, no bullshit style", I held off as long as I could, but basically Brookfield has no idea with regard to computers or how to moderate a forum. His blatant abuse of Moderator status coupled with pigheaded arrogance does not make a good combination. In the end I had to comment.

If I am to be banned for this thread it is OK by me, I'll miss the mostly genuine people I've met here, but I will not miss the the inflexible arrogance and stupidty to the point of idiocy from Brookfield, maybe one day he will see the light, I certainly will not be holding my breath in anticipation of such an event let me tell you.

Adieu

Deathstar

Deathstar said:
To add to this :

A pm I recieved

Another slip up on your part, do you make a habit of reading other peoples pm's??? I have only used that reference in one pm on this forum and it wasn't to you.

You have dropped even lower in my estimation than the depths to which you have sunk, reading other peoples pm's is a breach of trust, you sir have no morals at all and are dispicable in your voyeuristic habits.

Thanks Lac3y, I appreciate your support, but be aware I may be a sinking ship in regards to this forum so don't unnecessarily tie yourself to me
Strange, you haven't told them that Iexplained to you, that I remembered that it wasn't a PM, & I never said that it was, I worked it out that I must have sen it in a forum, I still have the PM where I said this, & seeing as we're both making PM's public, shall I paste it here, so that others can see it?

As to closing this, & banning you, I wouldn't dream of doing either yet, it's all in the hands of David, then if it goes well for me, then I'll close it, I'll leave the decision on you, deathstar, to David, if, on the other hand, it goes the other way, this & the other forum will be defunct anyway, & will wither & die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom