help me please with my 7950 gforce

Anubis1980

Daemon Poster
hi peeps

welll i saved and got one of these and i can say im disappointed, its not running im sure how its sposed to be.

aquamark gets 94000 and i know it should be higher than that. games run ok, titan quest can get a bit jerky sometimes and im only on 1280x1024. anyhoo i thought it could have been my psu so i went out and got another much more powerful one, and still having speed issues, altho no longer having crashes. i have done everything i can think of with my pc to make it quicker and i really would appreciate some help, i mean its such a lot of money to spend on this if its no good! oh and all the graphics settings in the control panel are set correctly i think ie single display etc. also when i overclock the cvard i get absolutly no speed increase whatsoever in the benchmarks, and i mean i ocd it to 800 mem and 600 gpu so i should expect an increase should i not?

thanx

AMD 64 4200 dual core @ 2.43
ASROCK 939NF4G bios 1.50A
2 gb kingston ram ddr 400 @ 440
creative labs soundblaster live 5.1
windows xp pro sp2
Xion 600w dual 12v @ total 44AMP
all the latest drivers available

if there's a problem return it via your warranty. Save yourself the hassle. Get a brand new one. Nvidia wont have a prob with it. :)

It is possible that your CPU is bottlenecking your graphics card.

Also, if I were you, I wouldn't overclock that high. It may cause artifacting and eventually damage to your graphics card due to heat.

Anyways, is your graphics card and PSU directly connected via some cable?

A 4200 dual core, at 2.43 Ghz, should suit that card just perfectly. It may be a faulty card. My advice is, you contact Nvidia, and get a replacement, see what happens then. The 7950 is one nice card!

iuve had no artifacts so far and ive tested it well, isnt it strange that the oc doesnt increase the speed tho? and im in spain and gfx is from uk so its a pain to return it lol, im beginning to wish id gone with the xbox360 :D

what kind of cpu would i need to get the best out of it?! surely mines more than good enough for it. if not its ridiculous lol. ive seen peeps with 3800 getting well over 100k in tests. thanx for the response guys :) i appreciate it

is it possible that the card isnt working properly? hence the speed issues? not quite sure what would be faulty on it to make it slower.

my head hurts :p

and yes the psu is connected to the card with the pcie power plug

thanx joxley i contacted them eaelier, i also contacted leadtek the cards maker, would nvidia replace the card? or would it be leadtek?

What version drivers are you using? Try using the older ones, but make sure they support the 7950

The 7950 series aren't really a good card for the price. You should have gotten a 7900GT and save you from this headache.

On the other hand, it is quite possile your GPU might be overheating, then, clocking down.

the card doesnt overheat im pretty sure of that, i have an extra 5 system fans so that shouldnt be the problem. highest temps ive seen are 78c. 120c is the slowdown threshold. im using 91.31 drivers, these seem to be the only ones available as of yet, .33's r still beta and they seemed to make card slower when i tried them.

and from what ive seen the 7950 should be much better than the 7900 especially when fsaa etc is enabled.

fairly sure that you would have to contact leadtek to replace your card, since it is their factory that produced your card, it wouldn't make any sense for nvidia to send you a card if you didn't directly buy it from em.

thanx i posted emails to both of them so fingers crossed, not expecting much tho. the box is huge so the postage will be a pain if i need to post it back. hoping its a driver issue or a stupid setting ive got wrong.

Back
Top Bottom