David, this is really urgent. It's spyware on CF...auto installing.

Jordan Pardy said:
Ads that look like the site generally get clicked more.. on most sites thats what they do; people think its more intregreated with the site, and they click 'em more.

BTW, I still don't see google ads!!! :confused:
i have to agree with jordan, ads that look more intergrated/related to the site seem more appealing to me, but jordan if u look at the bottem of the ads u should notice the google ads thingy

now i am starting to get popups at work when i'm on CF, thats not cool. david didn't u change it 2 google ads? because now things are back!

Opera shows the ads unless you use the Block Content feature (right-click anywhere on the page) but it could be because your hosts file is modified not to show advertisements...

David Lindon said:
Yes, but what good are 'camoflaged' ads? :)

Ha ha, True, but you could make them i dunno, som other colour than Red and White, i really dont like those colours with blue :)

Well, i've been using firefox since i started coming to CF, and lately a bit of opera as well. Never had a single issue... from experience i've found that IE goes nuts wherever you go after it gets infected with something. My friend's old PC would go nuts after just browsing to www.google.com, like 20 popups, And it wasn't google that was doing it.

samurai said:
Ha ha, True, but you could make them i dunno, som other colour than Red and White, i really dont like those colours with blue :)
lol i guess u don't like the US much :p

@mike: it was probably spyware that was causing the pop-ups, which he got from browsing the wrong sites with IE and didn't have good enough protection

Back
Top Bottom