Server needs maintence

I voulenteer straight away...
it's taken me five attempts to post a single thread...
(and you have to wait five minutes between each one else you get the this is a duplicate post since the last five minutes warning...

25 minutes trying to post a single message is ridiculous!

Think of all of the users he would have to clean out, all of the permant banned users he would have to get rid of,

Why not just delete the 3 pages of weird names, that were made by bots...The ones with all the weird characters..

I'm sure its not the server - the cpu usage rarely goes over 10%, I'm going to look into a new version of the db program because thats whats causing the problems, the db software is unstable.

David, what about the vBulletin? [Even though that wouldn't have much to do with SQL execution]... the new vB has more features, like AJAX and stuff...

root said:
I voulenteer straight away...
it's taken me five attempts to post a single thread...
(and you have to wait five minutes between each one else you get the this is a duplicate post since the last five minutes warning...

25 minutes trying to post a single message is ridiculous!

Thats why you need to rename the thread ;)

David Lindon said:
I'm sure its not the server - the cpu usage rarely goes over 10%, I'm going to look into a new version of the db program because thats whats causing the problems, the db software is unstable.
how long would it take to get the new db software up?

Back
Top Bottom