So I Hijacked My Neighbors Network.

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
I don't get whats going on right now. My Router Connects to my wireless computer, my pda, but nothing can see anything. All I get is it saying its connected. So Right Now, I hijacked my neighbors network, Goes pretty decent, slower than mine, but still ok.

Anywho, point of the post.. Anyone have any ideas why i can connect to my router but not get online?

It's a Linksys, and everything should be working, but it just stopped. And its not the internet, because cable works. =\

Just because cable TV works, doesn't mean the Internet is working. I am giving the benefit of the doubt that you have already power cycled the modem, and the router. When you say nothing can see anything..... are you refering to they can't see each other, or just can't get online?

I would do that, and then tell them how much I'll charge them to do it.
OR
I would constantly download torrent files all day.

Probably option 1.:D

IHateDells said:
Wont hurt them if they dont know!

lol.... with my new dell laptop...it detecs a wireless router but i only get one bar and it says connected...but the net don't work...lol...and it says its not locked.... thats ok...cause i got my wired connection....lmao

pail_white_kid_rapper said:
lol.... with my new dell laptop...it detecs a wireless router but i only get one bar and it says connected...but the net don't work...lol...and it says its not locked.... thats ok...cause i got my wired connection....lmao

Just because you're connected to some random wireless router in the neighborhood, doesn't mean that the wireless router is actually a gateway to the internet. Not all people use wireless routers to route internet traffic.

try "network magic", dont know if it will work in this instance, but i fixed all my internet sharing problems, both wireless and hardwired...

good luck

Back
Top Bottom