overclocking

Ronco Rox said:
yeah but checking that box starts the video card with the overclocked settings. i don't think you have to have the program start up when you boot the computer.
OK, I guess I didn't remember correctly, lol, it's been a while since I used RivaTuner.

Deathstar said:
Everyone apart from the x6800 Conroe has 0fps in 06, I believe the only time I have seen a 1+ fps in '06 is the result I posted in the 03, 05, 06 thread where the Conroe along with dual X1900XT's scored 1.5 fps in test 2 iirc, have a look. 2001 is old hat, at least use '05, it is the most graphics intensive of the older benchies and seems as how you're only oc your gpu it will give the best indication.

my mistake. i didn't run 3D Mark 2001, i ran AquaMark03 but i'm downloading 3D Mark 2005 anyway. no harm done to have a second opinion.

okay now for the CPU. i know 99nasha made a guide on how to overclock the CPU but is there another guide from a website where i could look it up, its not that i don't trust him i just want a second opinion. i googled it but it was talking about going inside the computer and tweaking it so i don't want to do that.

nasha's guide basically tells you how to do everything. Just put your memory on a 5/6 divider(I'm assuming yours isnt good for overclocking) then start raising the HTT untill it becomes unstable. Then bump up the voltage a little bit and try agian(around 1.45-1.5). You will also need to lower your LDT ratio. I would drop it to 4, then if you go past a 250mhz HTT drop it to 3.

With stock cooling I wouldn't try really raising the voltage at all maybe 1.45 at most. If you have a better aftermarket cooler you should be able to go up to around 1.55 before temps get too high.

nasha's guide is mainly AMD cpus. Intel is completey different ;) AMD is a little harder to understand since it uses an IMC. But the concepts are all the same.

Ronco, for you, drop the multi to 10x. Using 11x is just a waste, thats why i recommended everybody to get a 3200+ or a 3000+. The 9x and 10x multis are the best. Then with stock volts, push the HTT to 240.
So it should be:
HTT: 240
Multiplier: 10x
LDT/HTT multiplier: 3x
vDIMM: 2.6-2.7 ( I dont know what RAM you have, it would help to know ;))

oh really? man that sucks lol. that would of been good to know before i tried all this stuff, i was getting a little worried. oh well at least i learned some new stuff.

thanks guys, you all get some rep. from me for dealing with my "noobish" ways. lol

Back
Top Bottom