Please help guys :)

amanat69

In Runtime
Ok, I'm just about to completely rebuild my system and here's the deal... I'd appreciate if anyone reads this and replies, it'll take 2 mins only.

6 Months ago I bought 3500+ with Asus A8N SE Motherboard. I never got the chance to fit it in as I didn't get round to buying the rest of the stuff. Now I'm going to buy a very good Antec case with the newest Enermax PSU (think it's 650w). Along with that I'm fitting in my old 6800GT with 1GB, £25 DVD RW drive, and a £150 10,000 RPM Western Digital hard disk. I'm also looking to buy a creative sound card in the price range of £50-70. I'm also going to use my old hard disk as secondary storage in a sense. To convert my old intel prescott build into this I'm looking to spend an extra £300-£400, I think this is a good upgrade without having to spend money stupidly. I'd like to know who agrees and disagrees. Thanks guys.

PS - I'm spending a lot on my case and psu so it doesn't bottleneck anything and gives maximum power and cooling to all components. Also, they will be good for future upgrades on powerful components and power hungry.

Amanat.

btw i meant 1 gb ram just for anyone who didnt know, not 1gb 6800gt lol. Yeah so my system will be:

3500+ AMD 64 - not AM2 though :(
Asus A8N-SLI SE
6800GT
1 GB DDR ram
74 GB 10,000 RPM Western digital Hard disk - For windows and applications
160 GB seagate hard disk 7200 rpm - for music etc all other files, movies
This will be with a top end gaming case with good air flow and Enermax CPU - 620 watts.

On top of that i'll be buying a new dvd drive and a creative sound card. Has anyone got any suggestions for them? I don't wanna spend more than £70 on the sound card, that's about 130 USD.

I've worked out my upgrade will be costing £400. I think it's reasonable.

Thanks mate. Is the case really sturdy then yeah? Strong and all. Not flimsey? What about soundcards? Able to help me in that department too? What's your set up mate?

Back
Top Bottom