which of these 2 proccessors do you prefer guyz???

Definately. :D Superfast and stable, not to mention you can overclock sky high if you want.

It's worth upgrading for down the road. The Intel Core 2 Duo offers many advantages over your current processor. It's highly overclockable, dual-cored so you can do more things at once, and is even better at gaming than a fx-62. I can see you're an AMD person, but this processor will change you!

Oh yeah, you might want to upgrade your video card if you want to play some newer games at decent framerates, without any choppiness. I reccommend the x850xt, or the 6600gt if you're on a budget. I know DX10 video cards are coming out but all the major video card manufacturers are going to release driver updates that make the card DX10 compatible, by software even if the card is still DX9 hardware. You might want to upgrade to 1gb of ram. Try to opt for dual channeled, like 2 sticks of 512mb and try to get the lowest latency possible in your price budget.

alvino said:
All current-generation Intel CPU's are Socket T (LGA775). Intel hasn't used Socket 479 since the Northwood and Gallatin days.

The P5B Deluxe is a good motherboard, so is the P5WDH Deluxe.

ahhh, alvin, caught another one of your misleading mistakes ;) S478 is northwood/gallatin. S479 is yonah/Dothan ;) S478 maybe be true in some cases, but thats with a S479 adapter ;)

EDIT: And yes, Core 2 Duo is totally worth it. As for the P5B, get a Gigabyte DS3, 500FSB no mods :D As for RAM, get some Team DDR-667 from tankguys. Superb RAM for the money.

Back
Top Bottom