computer will randomly reboot

jumpshot22

Solid State Member
i have a problem with my computer...i will just randomly shut down and restart...it mostly happens when i am in IE and i click something and right when i click it turns off but this is not all the time though...sometimes i go away from my computer for a little bit and come back to find that everything that i was running is gone because it shut off...does anyone know what is wrong?

could be something a silly a the connection to the PSU isn't fully connected. That happened to me once, and it took me forever to figure it out. Try pushhing the power cord in a lot harder.

What os is your comp running?

not alot harder, just firmly.

i think your ram could be having something called CRC errors or a memory leak. do you ever have any problems installing things? i would try possibly swiching your ram around and see if that help, or try just 1 stick instead of two, if you have two that is. then if u still get the problem with 1 out of 2 sticks then try the other stick you took out.

AMD XP 2200+
MSI KM3MV
2x 256 DDR 333mhz
80gig Hard drive

Well here is the thing. I took the harddrive from a computer that is working fine. And I'm still having that problem. I sent the motherboard back to the MFR to have a new one sent to me. I got a new powersupply with more watts (400W). New Video card, new memory stick. And I'm still having this problem.

Now the harddrive that I took out of the computer that isn't working and put it in the computer system that is working. And that hard drive works fine OS starts up no problem and working properly.

I disconnected everything except the new heatsink,cpu and memory. I took the motherboard out of the case and tried it that way. Still does it. I'm wondering if the CPU is damaged or something. Since that is the only thing I haven't changed or checked. I have noticed that when the cpu is pulled out of the socket for a while and put back in new heatsink. It will start up the OS fine and it was running (I was shocked). For about 4mins then it automatically restarted. And gets worse to the point it just gooes pass the BOIS part and restart. I'm at the end of my rope with this crazy problem.

Any info you have will help. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom