USB 2.0 Flash Drives

Lightning_Rider

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

I'm looking to perhaps buy a new flash USB drive before school starts if I can find a nice sized one for decent money. But I'm just wondering which brands are the best ones to watch out for. Obviously I'm most interested in reliability and speeds, but especially reliability.

There's a whole bunch to choose from buddy... i use a Cruzer Micro and i have never had a problem with it yet... mine is 128mb which isn't much but you can get them in 2Gig sizes now.

I see, so there's not much difference I guess?

What about PNY? I saw a nice one on tigerdirect.ca for 58$. I know they make good video cards but I have never bought anything else from them.

I've never used one of those before. So i cant' form much of an opinion, but i know here at work we got like 4 different kinds of flash drives and i've never seen a problem with any of them.

i like sandisk the best, they are the best quality. go to newegg.com then computer hardware> memory.

then search for flash memory i believe and look for sandisk.

Lightning_Rider said:

What about PNY? I saw a nice one on tigerdirect.ca for 58$. I know they make good video cards but I have never bought anything else from them.
Aah... your Canadian, eh? TigerDirect doesn't "make" their products; the other companies make them, they sell them lol...

I have a 512MB Dane-Elec USB Flash Drive; its black, I got it from The Source (by circuit city) / InterAN Canada / Whatever you want to call it...

http://www.thesource.ca They are good, free shipping on anything $25+ I think...unless your in the territories (Northwest, Nunavut, Yukon, etc.)

Jordan Pardy said:
Aah... your Canadian, eh? TigerDirect doesn't "make" their products; the other companies make them, they sell them lol...

I have a 512MB Dane-Elec USB Flash Drive; its black, I got it from The Source (by circuit city) / InterAN Canada / Whatever you want to call it...

http://www.thesource.ca They are good, free shipping on anything $25+ I think...unless your in the territories (Northwest, Nunavut, Yukon, etc.)
I know that Tigerdirect is not a manufacturer :p . What I meant was that I know PNY made decent video cards, not tigerdirect. Thanks for the site, I don't usually check TheSource.

Lightning_Rider said:

PNY makes good stuff IMO. I put a PNY Videocard in my old PC, and I also put PNY memory in it and I never had any problems with it. PNY is also good with rebates, I got the rebate on my memory in like two weeks. I have a PNY 128MB USB flashdrive and I really like it. I know 128MB isn't much but I just use it for basic stuff like when I have to transfer files and such.

Lightning_Rider said:
I know that Tigerdirect is not a manufacturer :p . What I meant was that I know PNY made decent video cards, not tigerdirect. Thanks for the site, I don't usually check TheSource.
The Source (BCC) = Radioshack, btw... don't tell me you've never been to Radioshack.

Back
Top Bottom