what was the configuration of your first pc?

X1337 said:
i486 (33MHZ) To (66MHZ) Tubro button
2MB or 3MB (Dont rember it being 4MB)
10MB harddrive
Windows 3.11
VGA video card
turbo button! :D what do those do anyways?

i have to say i think niceties one this one! 10MHz!!

Pentium 100mhz, 24mb ram, 811 mb hard drive, windows 95, broken cd rom drive that we didn't replace for like 3 years. and a video card so old that it's memory was upgradable. ;) ISA sound card, turbo button..

This machine was the dawn of my gaming years.. aka a LOT of playing doom!

MooseMan said:
turbo button! :D what do those do anyways?

i have to say i think niceties one this one! 10MHz!!
Oh yes thats right, mine also has that Turbo button, i think it boosted the CPU like 10% or something like that. Not sure though.

niceties55 said:
Oh yes thats right, mine also has that Turbo button, i think it boosted the CPU like 10% or something like that. Not sure though.
why would they make that an option though instead of just automatically doing it? maybe they wanted people 2 think that it was actually doing more than it could

niceties55 said:
No, Tubro does 33mhz to 66mhz, 100% overclock. Maby intel unclocks it to 33mhz and the tubro buttion makes it go to 66mhz. My friend said that its a overclock :confused:

X1337 said:
No, Tubro does 33mhz to 66mhz, 100% overclock. Maby intel unclocks it to 33mhz and the tubro buttion makes it go to 66mhz. My friend said that its a overclock :confused:
I remember having a tower with a turbo button in it. It was a custom built computer with an AMD K6 in it and I always wondered what that button did. I would press it and nothing happened. It was an older case though so I don't think it was meant for an AMD chip...

Back
Top Bottom