Hard Drive Problem!!! No Rescue Diskette!

V3RT1G0

Baseband Member
ok last night i was installing MacOSX (x86) on my windows through dual boot when i left it on all last night but for some reason the sinatller didnt work right and something went wrong so i restarted the computer and the Dell BIOS loads and then the usual DELL.COM bar at the top and then at th bottom a text that says:

Loading PBR.... Done
BAD PBR

... and nothing happens after that it just sits there and im pretty sure itll stay like that and remember the first time i tried to install mac it loaded the DVD in the drive and went on to installer but after the messed up installer im left here and im in desperate need of help!!! right now im on my moms comp which is pretty damn gay lol and my messed up comp is a Dell E310 which was on he compatibility list

Notes:

i had to make 12 gigs of unallocated space on my harddrive and then complete the partition in the Start>Run>diskpart and then the diskpart command prompt window comes up and i partitioned there with the create primary partition id=af and thats where i continued with the Mac Install DVD hope someone can help me!!!

EDIT: i wasnt able to make a resvue diskette (floppy) for this procedure since i dont have a drive on my dell computer so that might of helped greatly but maybe i can make the same type of thing on a CD? from this other computer? and would it work?

And: heres a link to the tutorial i was takin in this process http://www.profit42.com/index.php/2006/05/...ndows-computer/

And: demoman found this for me but i really dont wanna reinstall windows
http://experts.about.com/q/Windows-XP-3282/Bad-PBR.htm

i used to have same problem...if you over write the mbr...the dell recovery thing gets screwed..
goto:
http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/fixes.htm

and go down to the Dsrfix Quick-Start section

and follow instructions and boot up floppy to check to see if everythings good with system restore... and if you didn't delete the 2 hidden partitions..you should be able to restore it...

p.s... everytime you install windows or any other os...or over write the mbr...you have to do this... hope this helps, good luck

pail_white_kid_rapper said:
i used to have same problem...if you over write the mbr...the dell recovery thing gets screwed..
goto:
http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/fixes.htm

and go down to the Dsrfix Quick-Start section

and follow instructions and boot up floppy to check to see if everythings good with system restore... and if you didn't delete the 2 hidden partitions..you should be able to restore it...

p.s... everytime you install windows or any other os...or over write the mbr...you have to do this... hope this helps, good luck
yea i saw that dell has that utility partition and no i didnt delete any i just resized and allocated space so it should be there but right now i gotta go get a floppy drive since mines doesnt have one lol :D (will the drivers and everytin work by just plugging it in?) if not any other alternarives and thc for the link

V3RT1G0 said:
yea i saw that dell has that utility partition and no i didnt delete any i just resized and allocated space so it should be there but right now i gotta go get a floppy drive since mines doesnt have one lol :D (will the drivers and everytin work by just plugging it in?) if not any other alternarives and thc for the link

i think you can also make a bootable cd somehow with that instead of a floopy

pail_white_kid_rapper said:
np...it happened to me before... we all learn by our mistakes...good luck
yup this si my first time and thank god you found this for me but im gonna try this again but a different method lol but at least i still ahve this

V3RT1G0 said:
yup this si my first time and thank god you found this for me but im gonna try this again but a different method lol but at least i still ahve this

i got a couple dells to... its a pain sometimes....lol :)
good luck and if u need help, where here.

Back
Top Bottom