Error loading OS, Please help new build

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
Here is my build

ASUS AM2 MOBO

2 GIG Ram DDR 667

AMD 3800 X2 AM2 CPU

Along with AS5 now everything is plugged in as I can see. I can get it into bios, and all the pretty stuff. However I can also get into Windows XP setup. I was able to reformat and partion a part of my HD for my C drive to install XP on. It formatted the drive, and copied the files and stuff then restarted. Then it comes to the screen where it says "Press any key to boot on CD" or whatever. Now if I do that I of course get sent back to the screen I was at before as you all know.

Now I got a interesting error as while when I tried to quick NTFS reformat

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA

Then restart your PC and all that gravy stuff. I am also using hte following

SATA II 320 GIG Seagate HD.
Sony DVD drive
Geforce 6600 GT
and thats about it on top of a realivitly new 480 Watt PSU.

Any suggestions at all?

When attempting to finish the 2nd step in the OS instlal on XP after it reboots and all it says Error Loading Operating system.

Try switching out your RAM. This error message is most frequently related to bad RAM.

I flashed bios, I changed out the only two stick so ram I got with my mobo that can be used on it and I went though the entire setup each time too. IDK whats wrong with this. I found ram that ASUS says its supported by this board. I will RMA this on Friday if I cannot get a answer by then.

I am going try today the following
I will check that my SATA HD is plugged into the SATA parts from the chipset
I am going to try installing XP with boot prioty only invovling CD
I am going to pull the battery out of the mobo, and boot it up to reset bios.

I have tried
5 different XP discs from friends etc.
Replaced ram (I only had 2 sticks)
Flashed bios.

Really important if anyone has any feedback at all.

I think there might be a simple solution...

After the files have been copied over, you must go into the BIOS and tell the motherboard to boot from the Hard drive first, rather from the CD drive.

This should then take you into the rest of the Windows setup :)

The error is usually asscoiated with "Faulty hardware, including RAM (system, video, or L2 cache)". I have a feeling you'll have to RMA your memory sticks.

The error is usually asscoiated with "Faulty hardware, including RAM (system, video, or L2 cache)". I have a feeling you'll have to RMA your memory sticks.

I have had that feeling for a long time now. I am going try the following.
1. redo bios
2. try all 4 SATA ports (2 of them don't support HD)
3. RMA.

Download MemTest86 on a different PC, put it onto a floppy, boot onto the floppy, and run MemTest. That'll check your RAM.

Back
Top Bottom