help with audio

DeadIrishD

Solid State Member
Hey,

I thought I might have messed up my speakers due to my love for loud music, however I was wrong and bought a cheap pair of speakers at wal mart for like 10.00.

I can hear the music, but it's way to quiet like if I put the speaker up to my ear I can just about make out what they are saying.

I clicked the volume icon and everything seems perfect as far as the main settings and advance goes.

I am using windows XP home edition if that matters any.

any help would be much appreciated.

Ok it can be a number of things. Do you have a multimeida keyboard? If so is the volume set to a hearable amount threw the keyboard application? Do you have an application that came with your sound drivers? If so check on that application that the volume is set to the desired amount. When is the last time you updated your sound drivers, you might want to try to update them. Have you made any hardware/software changes prior to the problem occuring?

yes the speakers have a volume control.
and the only media player I use is Real and that seems to be perfect except the problem with my sound.

no major changes.

so should I get a new sound card? or.... I dont know what a driver is.

if ur old speakers are working good before they died then its not a sound driver problem or sound card. i think those speakers are just too crappy, i mean 10dollars?

Back
Top Bottom