Fat32 or NTFS

^Mike^

Fully Optimized
My hard drive on my new computer is split into 2 Fat32 partitions each 75 gigs. I would like to combine them, which is better Fat32 or NTFS?

There is a way to convert FAT32 to NTFS with formatting, but as you stated you wished to combine partitions I didn't mention it. Being an Acer (I assume we're talking about the pc in your sig) did it come with Recovery disks or an XP disk?

Deathstar said:
There is a way to convert FAT32 to NTFS with formatting, but as you stated you wished to combine partitions I didn't mention it. Being an Acer (I assume we're talking about the pc in your sig) did it come with Recovery disks or an XP disk?
no it didn't i emailed them about it, i'm wondering why it doesn't come with cd's?

It should definately have either Recovery CD's or an XP cd, it is illegal to sell a pc with Windows installed without providing disks. I hope your vendor is reliable / legitimate (assuming it wasn't Acer direct as I do not see them selling a pc without disks, the fact it was formatted to FAT32 suggests to me it wasn't from Acer direct)

Deathstar said:
It should definately have either Recovery CD's or an XP cd, it is illegal to sell a pc with Windows installed without providing disks. I hope your vendor is reliable / legitimate (assuming it wasn't Acer direct as I do not see them selling a pc without disks, the fact it was formatted to FAT32 suggests to me it wasn't from Acer direct)
It was brand new at Circuit City, i emailed Acer about it already so i hope they get back to me.

Circuit City may have neglected to include the cd's when they packed it though seems rather slipshod to me.

Good luck with Acer though I think they'll send you back to Circuit City.

Back
Top Bottom