New Computer

z5guy

Beta member
Hi, im new here (so bear with me). I got a new computer today (for college, im going in the fall) and i wanted to know from you guys what you thought of it, i think i got a pretty good deal. Its a HP (not my fav. computer company, but its affordable). This is what i got for $1040.00: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual-core Processor 4200+ With a 19" inch Flat-Panel Monitor and All-in-One printer, Scanner, Copier. Its specs are: Windows XP Media Center 2005, 2048MB DDR2 memory, 250 GB hard drive, Double-layer multiformat LightScribe DVDRW drive ( burns labels directly to DVDs and CDs), nVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE graphics card, and a 9-in-1 media reader. So what do you think? did i get my moneys worth? am i going to have trouble with a HP? one more qestion im hopeing to have answered is, im a gamer so in between schoolwork i want to be able to doing some major gameing i was wondering if the nVIDIA GeForce was going to be able to play a game like elder scrolls 4 Oblivion? what can it do?

Thanks for all your help, -jon

z5guy said:
Hi, im new here (so bear with me). I got a new computer today (for college, im going in the fall) and i wanted to know from you guys what you thought of it, i think i got a pretty good deal. Its a HP (not my fav. computer company, but its affordable). This is what i got for $1040.00: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual-core Processor 4200+ With a 19" inch Flat-Panel Monitor and All-in-One printer, Scanner, Copier. Its specs are: Windows XP Media Center 2005, 2048MB DDR2 memory, 250 GB hard drive, Double-layer multiformat LightScribe DVDRW drive ( burns labels directly to DVDs and CDs), nVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE graphics card, and a 9-in-1 media reader. So what do you think? did i get my moneys worth? am i going to have trouble with a HP? one more qestion im hopeing to have answered is, im a gamer so in between schoolwork i want to be able to doing some major gameing i was wondering if the nVIDIA GeForce was going to be able to play a game like elder scrolls 4 Oblivion? what can it do?

Thanks for all your help, -jon
NO those onboard videos are not gaming at all.. Where do you live like closes to a computer shop and what is your limit?

well, i dont have much of a limit but what do you mean not gameing at all? whats it used for?

nVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE graphics card

Any onboard video is crapy. If you build a custom computer than you can do more and get better parts for lower prices. IM guessing that you have 1K limit right?where do you live? in the USA right

Yeep. Not a gaming card. Media Centers usually don't have decent graphics. Forget Oblivion. It's probably the most demanding game out there(I think), and integrated won't even be able to run it. It's under the minimum specs, so there's no chance.

If you want to play Oblivion, you're going to have to fork out some more cash to get a decent graphics card. Also, 1040 wasn't that great of a price for the computer. It could be a lot better.

X1337 said:
nVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE graphics card

Any onboard video is crapy. If you build a custom computer than you can do more and get better parts for lower prices. IM guessing that you have 1K limit right?where do you live? in the USA right

he already has the computer...he was just asking if it was ok

Back
Top Bottom