That's a good find!

lhuser

Golden Master
I found in the garbage tonight, an IBM Aptiva. Specs are as follows:

2 CD drives (Not sure yet.)
a IBM 3.2GB HDD
a Quantum Bigfoot CV (Unknown size...either from 2.1 to 6.4)
A PII 350MHZ
No RAM :(
A really crappy 100W PSU

That's not all. When I opened it up, it threw up 70ns RAM sticks, a 1.3GB HDD, a CPU fan, a fan, an ATI Rage Pro AGP card (I needed this for my Celeron 333 :D)
It also gave me some IDE cables.

The case itself is a bit dented, as if someone forced it. The PSU was not plugged, so I don't know if it still works. I think it does as there is no physical damage up to my checking. I swapped the 100W to a 200W, for power. It came with onboard sound, but there is a PCI sound card.

That is a great change compared to the crap box of P1 75-133 that I use to have. I am now checking further more and I took some pics. So far, the three HDD spins, so it's good for now. I'll update if it work or not.

Your luck is amazing
sad0022.gif

thats hot yo i remeber a long time ago a frined and i found some old computer stuff by the dumpster when i was taking out teh trash

Well, I'd actually told you that I would keep you updated.

Well, the thing works. I had to reformat the 3.2GB with a VFAT error (Which is now fixed) and that's all. The CD drives are a Mitsumi 32X drive and the other is a 12X drive(?) Anyways, the 12X isn't opening sometimes. I just manually open it.

As far for the network card, well it is detected and all, but it isn't working. I'll have a look at tommorow. I definately need new RAM sticks, especially 128MB ones.

The only thing I find really weird is that the specs on the cover is wrong. It says that the PC has:

a PII 350
8GB HDD
DVD-ROM drive

Well, there is no 8GB drive in there...neither does DVD-ROM. Heck, did it exist that time?

The good thing is: It works. And that's all I'm caring of.

To do everything that you do lh, you must have a hell of a comportable chair.. And/or the perfect place to kick up your feet.

ArrizX said:
To do everything that you do lh, you must have a hell of a comportable chair.. And/or the perfect place to kick up your feet.

Ooooh, I wouldn't say I don't have a comfortable chair. I got it from garbage. It was just sitting there with two holes on the arm rest area. Duct taped it and it's alright.

AAs far for kicking up my feets...if I do it, I'll just bang on something. I just either put my matress on the wall or I work on the matress, depending on what I do.

Anyways, the PC works. And this is one pic:

12225_3ybskq_3.gif

Back
Top Bottom