upgrades?

Ronco Rox

Fully Optimized
can any of you guys give me ideas on things to upgrade for my computer. my budget is between 300-400 dollars. heres my CPU, RAM, and mobo. i'm defintely getting a new PSU because i have a 300 W one now. any suggestions would be great.
6f3480b3bd.jpg

i may be reading this wrong, but i think it says you have 512mb of ram. you could definately buy some more, like mybe another stick of 512.

yea i have two sticks of 512 making it 1024 or 1 gig.

here are my specs i should of put this in before

AMD 64 3500+
nVidia 6500 PCI-E
1 gig RAM
200 gig HDD

the PSU like i said before is going to be upgraded, so is the video card i just want suggestions because there are so many and i don't know what is good or not.

Zapdos said:
what kind of monitor you have?

umm its an old one. ts by SUN microsystems but i don't need to upgrade that it runs fine. im focusing more on whats inside of the computer.

DackOfDoom said:
Is your Hard Drive SATA II (3.0GB/s)?

If not go with one of those at 300+GB

how would i find out if it was a SATA?

Do you have a link/name of the hard drive it is? Also, you can just open up to see the cable connecting to the drive. Is it IDE or SATA? SATA is much skinnier and usually red. IDE is the wide grey kind that goes to the CD/DVD drives.

Get a 7600GT, with a 400W FPS Forton Source PSU, and another gig of ram. That should be about perfect for your budget.

Edit-
I hope you all realize that if his hard drive isnt SATA, 3.0gbs, and it is IDE (which I highly dbout) that he would also need to get a new motherboard.

i still don't know whether my HD is SATA or IDE because i didnt take the cover off yet. but for the graphics card i might wait until whenever DX 10 cards come out. i'm probably going for the extra gig of ram so i'll have 2 gigs in there. i'm not still sure if i'm going to get a new HD or a new mobo yet. i probably will down the road but for what i'm doing now i think ill just upgrade my ram, video card, PSU, and maybe a CPU.

Well, I wouldnt worry about DX 10 for a while. I get the impression that its being rushed. And get the 7600GT Ko (eVGA) and its Vista Compatable, so no problems there.

Back
Top Bottom