Steam Question - Downloaded Games

PCNoob2

Daemon Poster
I have Steam, the game thing from Valve and I have a question.

If I pay to download one of their full games directly to my computers hard drive, will I be able to play it on another computer that has steam as long as I log into my account?

Or will the game be stuck on the computer I originally downloaded it for.?

Thankks

I think it doesn't matte rwhere you play it as long as it the game is validated on your PC>

Its kinnda like MSN Messenger. If you have added a Game (By Purchasing it) Then i sticks to your account. If you where to login at a friends house, so for instance you could have a LAN game, then it would work Fine. You just cant play two games at once.

samurai said:
Its kinnda like MSN Messenger. If you have added a Game (By Purchasing it) Then i sticks to your account. If you where to login at a friends house, so for instance you could have a LAN game, then it would work Fine. You just cant play two games at once.

K cool.

Well, I didnt read the commets, but ill say it anyways. (lol)

Your account (Steam) can be logged from any computer on the internet, assuming you have downloaded the software from steampowered.com.

Say on your computer, you have steam, and have HL2, with CSS. And then you go to your friends computer, log into steam. You can view your games, and see what you can download to install and play. However, that game will only work with that peticualr steam account.

Because that was probably a crappy explination.. Its like this.

Your computer has the game with your account. Your friend has the account, but the game isnt on his computer. You can download it for free onto his computer, or any other as many time as you like, however, it will only be playable will your steam account.

this is how it works:

i.e.

if i have a steam account and i want to purchase game say red orchestra, i purchase it and i download it, the game has been added to my accounts list of games, therefore when i go to a different computer i can log onto my account and reinstall that game on that other computer.

Back
Top Bottom