FPS with New Setup?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hi,

Well, just got things the way i want them and decided to try a) a game and b) Aquamark......

I have:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
nVIDIA 6500 256mb (PCI-E)
2X512 Kingston DDR2 533 RAM (Dual CHannel)

now i havnt oced or anything yet, but rather wanted to give it a test run.....i know that gfx isnt a beasty one, but i got it anyway lol....

Now i just tried Half Life 2, and i would like someone to tell me the FPS i SHOULD or expect to get on that, and also if anyone has an approximate score i should get in Aquamark.......

Thanks,

Matt

On the spec front, it looks identical to the 6200 TurboCache, with the same core but onboard memory, so look at the 6200TC reviews and it'll be just a bit higher than those.

You GPU will hold you back. But hey my GPU is going hold me back its a 6600 GT and soon to be coupled with a AMD X2 AM2 3800.

With GPU I think you should be expecting about 30 to 50 FPS which IMHO is fairly decent its payable.

Half Life 2 is hard to say, because it will change in different parts. However, unless you lower the detail you won't be able to play at 1280x1024.

For Aquamark, I'd make a guess at 30,000 - 35,000 points.

Well i too, thought i would get around that score for my Aquamark, but here is a screen of my score......

aqua.jpg

And on Half Life i get on the first level about 10-15 FPS, but on the second level around 60FPS......now i was fine with this, until i found out that my mate, who is running a Pentium 4 2.4ghz, GeForce 4400MX, 512MB Generic RAM, was getting about 50-60 on the first level!!

Matt

i just checked mine and i got like 21,000 and i my lowest FPS was in the Massive Overdraw (the explosion part) is getting a better gfx card the only thing to get that FPS more?

Nope...you can also get a better CPU, ram, or mobo with a faster chipset. You could also try overclocking but that wont help much...

Ok, so tell me....how come zoomtm has a CPU score of 11,000 with his Athlon 64 3500+ AM2, and my Athlon 64 X2 4200+ AM2 gets only 7000? lol.....

Matt

Back
Top Bottom