new conroe mobo need help!

Go with the Gigabyte GA-965P. It beats the ASUS P5B hands down. If you don't believe me, you might find this article very useful in deciding which motherboard to buy: http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2797

If you flip through the pages past all the details about the conroe motherboards there are a lot of summarizing tests displayed and you'll see that your selected Gigabyte board has beaten the ASUS board you selected on all tests. So there you go, this time price doesn't mean performance.

Why? I looked at the review, and the Asus didn't seem THAT much worse than the gigabyte.

RyanD said:
Why? I looked at the review, and the Asus didn't seem THAT much worse than the gigabyte.

well yeah, theoretically all were quite close in performance and ASUS does make better conroe boards that outperform like crazy over the Gigabyte but if you look at the numbers, between his choices the Gigabyte tested better and since it is cheaper why not buy it?

Both of those Mobos are P965 chipsets, don't you need 975X chipset for a conroe???

Back
Top Bottom