cpu temp

There's no fan on the CPU heatsink?? :eek:

If so, that's the problem. There's no way you can properly cool an AMD Athlon 64 3700+ with a passive heatsink!

drumthrasher said:
well, i'm pretty sure my cpu is in correctly cause i took it out a couple of times and put it back in and all my jumpers are set correctly, and i don't have a cpu fan for some reason.
okay theres a fan on the front and a green plastic thing that directs the air blown by the fan towards the heatsink.

Taking the CPU off a couple times and not cleaning the old thermo paste off and installing new thermo paste could be your problem. When installing new thermo paste follow the instructions very carfuly, to much is not good.

drumthrasher said:
well, i'm pretty sure my cpu is in correctly cause i took it out a couple of times and put it back in and all my jumpers are set correctly, and i don't have a cpu fan for some reason.
okay theres a fan on the front and a green plastic thing that directs the air blown by the fan towards the heatsink.

Taking the CPU off a couple times and not cleaning old thermo paste off and installing new thermo paste could be your problem. When installing new thermo paste follow the instructions very carefully, to much is not good.

Yea, most of those crap companys do that to your cpu. In there mind, has long has the cpu works and not F**king up than sell it. Like video cards there heatsink isnt that good for those crapy ones so they put a small heatsink and a fan and call it a day

They do it to save money also

Yes, you are running a bit hot there and you shouldnt be. maybe its just the thermal paste has gone from the cpu to the heatsink, you may want to try that. Also another reason could be the fan/heatsink is full up of dust, ive had that before. You could also buy another heatsink and fan or get some more fans for your pc or buy a water cooling kit, but thats the more expensive option.

If it helped please give rep.

Back
Top Bottom